I attended my second web conference yesterday morning with Dr. Abernathy. This experience was not anything like my first conference. The first web conference that I was in started off badly with not sound at all. Although we still had the text to read, there were over 50 people on at this time and it made it very difficult to follow along and read and answer questions. The script text and video box would move in and out getting small then large a good portion of the time. This made it very frustrating and not ever want to do a conference again. I decided after this that I would give another one a try. The second conference with Dr. Abernathy was great. I like the fact that it was limited to 25 people. This made it very easy to follow along and get a bit more personal with the other students involved. We were able to her voices that made it very nice and easy to get responses. Although I did not have a web cam or microphone, I was still able to actively participate in the conference with text. I learned more about web2.0 and also that it sounds like I am going to have to do a lot of studying for the LCE. It was great getting the different opinions and advice from fellow students on what they thought about the course and some of the ideas that they are using in their classrooms now.
Overall I had a very good experience the second conference that I attended. I am very glad that I gave it another try and was able to see the potential in using this technology in the schools. I do plan on talking with my principal and asking about using more web conferences to communicate with parents and stakeholders in our district. I can see that this tool will be very useful and become part of every school very soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment